|Job Title:||Principal Civil / Structural Consultant - Renewables|
|Location:||North West England,|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is a specialist energy and environmental consultancy business providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to companies and organisations operating within the energy sector.
This role will involve a strong level of providing support on all projects which have a civil / structural element from Construction Management Plans, Due Diligence Reports and Access and Foundations Conceptual Designs. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will need to have a positive and flexible approach with the confidence and experience sufficient to work on projects without direct technical supervision as you will be the only Civil/Structural engineer within the Company.
- Deliver projects to a high level of technical competency based on previous experience.
- Manage complex multi-disciplinary projects, communicating with clients as required.
- Act as client relationship manager or sector/service lead.
- Work independently where necessary, whilst discussing projects openly to share lessons learnt and expert knowledge or experience.
- Define work scopes for other consultants to undertake project work on the projects they are managing.
- Ensure all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others' work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets the client's expectations.
- Support other members of the team as required providing one-to-one training in aspects in which they have experience.
- Identify risks within projects, communicating regularly with the rest of the project team.
- Manage the preparation of large proposals, including commercial aspects, involving others as required.
- Manage own time and deliver multiple or large complex projects on time/budget.
The successful applicant should be experienced in your field and have practical experience from energy or environmental projects. You should also be capable of taking a leading role within the team and providing mentoring and development support where required.
An excellent client focus is critical, and you should be able to interpret client requirements and deliver complex projects to their satisfaction. This would include engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships, undertaking and managing project work, writing and reviewing reports and managing, supporting and guiding other team members.
- Chartered Engineer with ICE.
- A broad range of experience in civil structural design for energy projects, experience in renewable energy projects would be a benefit.
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment, or liaising with a range of clients would be advantageous.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project management and construction management experience, understanding the interfaces between different disciplines and the impact on risks and on the project.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application