Calling all Principal Climate Change Consultants! My client - a leading global engineering and sustainability consultancy - is looking to recruit two Principal Consultants to join their Climate Change and Sustainability Team and work on a range of interesting, high profile clients, both in the UK and overseas and within the private and public sector.
Based in one of four offices throughout the UK, you will be working with multidisciplinary Teams on policy development, analysis of information and stakeholder consultation.
To be considered for the role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- a first degree combined with a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (climate change, sustainability, economics, science)
- a solid understanding of climate change and projections, together with environmental policy and sustainability
- up to ten years' experience working in either consultancy, research, industry or government sectors
- experience of climate resilience, and analysing climate projections for a range of sectors
- familiarity with, and ideally a working knowledge of UKCP09 climate projections and their application
- you will be competent at conducting climate change risk assessments
- implementation of resilience or adaptation measures in either a commercial and/or public sector arena
- experience of liaising with policy makers on an international scale
- familiarity with EU and international guidance on climate projections would be of significant interest
- you will ideally have experience of developing the business, through tapping into your network and maintaining strong relations with clients in the sector and you will be competent at writing proposals and pitching these to new businesses
- proven project management experience
- sound client facing skills
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, such as relaying technical information to different audiences
- a second (European) language would be beneficial but it's not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business and really help to drive the climate and sustainability division forward on both a local and global scale. If you rick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207. I look forward to receiving your application.