Principal Air Quality Measurement Consultant
- Job Advert Description
- Our Air Quality & Environment practice has been providing independent and expert technical support on policy, strategy and on-the-ground implementation for nearly four decades, helping governments and businesses to protect the quality of the air we breathe. Our clients welcome our ability to bring the most robust scientific evidence to bear, and the ability to present complex information to the public in ways that help them understand the risks to their health and impact on the environment is increasingly important.
- Today, we have evolved into a practice area with some 100 scientific, consulting and technical staff, and we are the UK's largest group of air quality specialists, recognised globally for our reputation for quality and excellence. Our unique insights help both public and private sector organisations address their air and environmental quality challenges at a business, citywide, regional, national and international level.
Role description and key accountabilities:
Working in our Automatic Networks & Data Visualisation team within the Air Quality & Environment centre, your experience in air quality measurements and policy support will enable you to contribute to the growth of the business in this area. You will support the Business Area Manager in developing new opportunities and delivering consultancy projects for international clients, the European Commission, UK national government and local authorities, providing the evidence base which enables clients to assess policy options.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high degree of independence as well as in teams and will be able to influence the direction of their area of business.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a highly regarded team of air quality experts. You will lead and develop high profile projects, providing innovative air quality solutions to our clients.
Key competencies and experience:
- Postgraduate degree in an engineering, science, economics or policy (environmental) discipline, or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK / EU and international air quality policies
- Strong scientific knowledge of air quality measurement technology is preferred
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering and managing projects for national and international clients and the European Commission
- Ability to excel in a consultancy environment
- Strong track record of writing great proposals and winning business
- Excellent communication and customer liaison skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong commercial focus
- Proactive networker
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
I look forward to receiving your application or please contact
Zoe Payne -Senior Recruitment Consultant on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.