Principal Contaminated Land Consultant
Allen & York are working with a major global multi-disciplinary consultancy in their recruitment drive for an experienced Principal Contaminated Land professional. This vacancy has arisen due to continued growth of the Environment team in London and is an exciting time to join this organisation.
Main responsibilities of the Principal Contaminated Land Consultant
- Project management of a wide range of development projects, including residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Report writing and reviewing both on a technical and commercial level.
- Line management; including staff mentoring, appraisals and training & team motivation.
- Business development skills with proven ability to actively seek new commercial opportunities (clients and markets).
- Proposal/tender writing and reviewing.
- Solid commercial awareness.
- Experience in a geo-environmental role applying contaminated land, risk assessment and liability principles, within a consultancy context.
- Strong client management skills with proven success in developing and maintaining client contacts.
- Knowledge of preliminary risk assessments, intrusive investigation design & management, quantitative risk assessments (ground gas risk, human health & controlled-waters, including use of CONSIM software & P20).
- Experience of remedial appraisals, remedial design, supervision & verification.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice.
- Experience in delivering geo-environmental services across a range of client markets and for a range of projects types (incl. due diligence, planning, site decommissioning, land remediation, construction, lease and permit surrender).
Education & Qualifications
- Geotechnical experience - including foundation design, ground improvement, materials re-use, retaining structures design and slope stability analysis.
- Chartered status in a related professional organisation.
- Previous line management experience.
Competitive Salary and excellent benefits are available at this leading organisation
We look forward to receiving your application.