Allen & York are recruiting on behalf of a consulting arm of a major O&G and infastructure design group.
Our client holds a fantastic reputation for technical excellence, innovation and quality of work. Our Infrastructure and Environment consulting group have a strong position in the UK and EU markets.
This role feeds into an established team in Bristol which is part of the wider UK team.
Core responsibilities will include the majority of the following:
* Management and delivery of contaminated land assessment and remediation projects including: preliminary risk assessments, geo-environmental site investigations, risk assessments, remediation options appraisals, remedial design, implementation, verification and related projects;
* Detailed technical input and oversight, including: site conceptualisation, controlled waters and/or human health risk assessments, development of remedial designs and strategies;
* Managing project health and safety including oversight / preparation of project HSSE plans and method statements;
* Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures; and
* Business development and winning work (with support) including prospect identification and proposal generation.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering / project managing contaminated land assessment and remediation projects in the UK;
- Remediation design experience;
- NEC contract management experience desirable - remediation and demolition projects;
- Proven ability to write high quality technical reports and manage this process;
- Ability to manage HSSE aspects of site work and to lead the HSSE culture of a project;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors;
- Ability to support/mentor junior staff;
- Experience of geo-environmental projects, including geotechnical site assessments desirable;
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant subject (e.g. Geology, Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Geo-Environmental or Environmental Sciences);
- Evidence of continuing professional development, including Chartership (or working towards this); and
- A willingness to travel.
Overall, this position would be suited to an ambitious individual who is looking to further their career and contribute to the continued success and further growth of the team in the UK, along with the opportunity to work on complex sites at the cutting edge of the remediation sector.