We are engaged with an International Development Consultancy who focus on social development and sustainable economic growth in developing countries. The organisation works globally providing expertise, new partnerships, due diligence and managing projects to help develop societies and economies for the better.
For their UK offices and team based in London, they are seeking to appoint a Principle or Managing Consultant within Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. The organisations work in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) support clients to deliver impact development within the following sectors: Governance, Forestry, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Private Sector Development and Urban.
The role will focus predominantly within evaluation, reviewing projects delivered, assessing impacts and making improvements to technical systems work. However, you will also be involved in monitoring and learning. Projects cover: urban development, health/nutrition programmes, climate programmes to name a few.
There will be frequent international travel involved with this role.
The key areas of this role will focus on:
Technical Consultancy - this includes project management, delivering MEL technical consultancy at either principle of managing consultant level. Bring innovation to existing ways of working in MEL.
Business Development - this includes the delivery of proposals and community networking. At principle level, the successful candidate would be expected to attend and lead at conferences, events, lectures and presenting key note speeches. At principle level you will be expected to be a thought leader implementing peer recognition.
Proposals will be a collaborative team effort, working closely with consultants are various levels. However, at principle level you would be expected to take ownership of proposals.
Developing MEL Competency - this includes working collaboratively with both the London and global teams, growing knowledge and capacity in-house.
- Experience working within an international development consultancy
- Principle Consultant: Ideally 10+ years relevant experience within international development.
- Managing Consultant: Ideally 6-10 years relevant experience within international development.
- Strong expertise in data collection and analysis methods - preferably qualitative
- Proven track record in MEL: experience and knowledge in - evaluation design and delivery, evaluation frameworks, methodologies, monitoring tools and systems.
- The successful candidate must be confident, organised and comfortable with engaging in community networking. Including attending events, conferences and lectures but also, delivery key note speeches and building the business within the international development communication.
- Experience of developing and winning work in MEL, identifying opportunities and providing technical/written inputs to bid preparation.
- Additional languages are desirable.
If this vacancy sounds of interest and you would be keen to discuss further, please apply with your CV today! Alternatively, you can contact Vildan on 01202 888 986 to discuss further.