Principal Consultant - Transport Policy & Economics
My client is a leading environmental and sustainability consultancy operating globally. The successful candidate will be joining their established Sustainable Transport team in either London or Oxford, and will be working on projects advising governments on environmental, social and economic issues across the transport sector.
My client provides support to governments to help develop a fully sustainable transport system, including measures to improve fuel efficiency, cut congestion, reduce pollution, improve safety, and improve urban mobility. Their work in the transport sector has been highly influential, and has been used to support the development of multinational policy and worldwide transport standards.
They are now looking for a Principal Consultant to join their dynamic team. Their work is focused on strategic policy advice covering a very wide range of transport sector issues. You will work on high profile projects that play an integral role in driving regulatory approaches in the EU and worldwide.
The role is a senior position with responsibility for:
- Managing complex consultancy projects on transport policy issues for the European Commission, national governments and international agencies, and writing bids/proposals for projects of this nature.
- Designing, structuring and applying economic analysis to transport policy problems.
- Leading and providing written content and technical analysis for the preparation of reports, as well as contributing to the development of proposals for new work.
- Presenting work at client meetings and conferences.
Key competencies and experience
- A first or upper second class BSc (or Masters/PhD) in Economics, Physical Sciences, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience in managing complex policy consultancy projects for Government clients is essential and experience of managing European Commission projects is highly desirable
- A previous specialism in transport is not required, but a strong interest in transport policy is essential
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other languages is desirable
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills
- Highly numerate, with a track record in developing and implementing spreadsheet models
- Effective and proactive team worker, capable of supporting and developing peers and other staff members
- Proficiency in using statistical or mathematical software is desirable
Our client is offering the successful individual not only a competitive salary + package but also the opportunity to join a global organisation, working on some of the highest profile projects in the UK as well as career progression opportunity.