Principal Design Engineer - Transport and Planning
ALLEN & YORK have been approached by an international engineering and project management consultancy in the transport and planning sector, to find them a qualified and experienced individual to fill the role of Principal Design Engineer. You will be working directly with and reporting to the Director Advisory group and will be capable in managing project teams and junior staff members.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- Delivery and management of infrastructure design projects.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Proactively contribute to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Develop the technical skills of junior staff and ensure consistency of their knowledge.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints. Tasks are reviewed and financially managed.
- Identification of new potential business opportunities.
- Assisting senior staff in delivery of projects to a high-quality standard.
- Preparation of fee proposals and assist with PQOs.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant degree and extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements.
- At or working towards a Chartered/ Incorporated Engineer status.
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS.
- Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, CIVIL 3D etc.
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices.
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices.
- Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry.
- Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate junior staff. Ability to advise and discuss issues with senior staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Being commercially aware.
- Coordination and management of project teams.
- Team Quality and Skills development.
- Client management.
- Identification of business opportunities.
- Writing successful fee proposals.
- To be a good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.