This role is with a well-known global organisation working on some of the UK's and international most high profile projects and they have a solid reputation in the market and genuinely believe in career progression & development for their employees.
We are now looking to recruit two high calibre Principal Design Traction Engineer's - one with DC traction experience and one with AC traction experience - who have proven track records in the control and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary Rail schemes throughout the UK
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensure all project elements are delivered safely, on time, to the appropriate quality and within budget.
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand and become engaged with the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Developing and managing the Project Programme and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders
- Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Managing the commercial aspects of the project (contract, invoicing, debt, client management)
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
- Managing the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation
- Ensuring that completed engineering and documentation work is reviewed for technical, and client compliance
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
- Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential
- Ideally Electrical or related Degree
- Ideally Chartered membership of appropriate professional institution
- Project Management qualifications (ideally IPMA Level C such as APM Practitioner) would be an advantage
- UK Railway experience with an in-depth knowledge of Network Rail's Grip Processes and Procedures
- Major project management experience on Electrification projects,
- Demonstrate considerable experience to competent Designer, Checker and CRE level in DC traction renewals and LV Signalling power, Point heating, Junction lighting and DNO supplies.
- Good understanding of the BS7671
- Proven track record in complex change control
- Proven ability in team leading / management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional and long standing relationships with Clients and other Stakeholders
BASIC SALARY WITH A GENEROUS PACKAGE REFLECTING THE SENIORITY OF THIS ROLE.
DON'T HESITATE TO SEND OYUR CV ACROSS OR REQUEST MORE INFORMATION