|Job Title:||Principal Designer|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London - South East London|
|Contact Name:||Rayner Mason|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
An established multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy specialising in the delivery of project management, cost consultancy, building surveying and CDM co-ordination services, seeks a Principal Designer to join their London office.
The role is to work as a member of the team in supporting and assisting in the provision of construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. You will be required to assist in the provision of construction H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM Advisor on several projects to help ensure compliance with duties under the CDM regulations 2015.
Projects typically include (but are not limited to) a range of new build construction, remodeling and refurbishment works, enabling, demolition and remediation works etc. of:
- office buildings,
- retail spaces,
- transport facilities and infrastructure.
Essential experience / qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years work as a design oriented CDM adviser or CDMC
- Registered Membership of Association for Project Safety (preferable)
- Nebosh Construction certificate preferred, or similar equivalent
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Good client facing skills
- Ability to demonstrate you are self-motivated / self-reliant
- Able to succinctly provide verbal report progress to the client and to author written reports which do the same
- Ensure the line manager is kept informed about key issues
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Able to identify and address shortcomings and assist in resolving potential conflicts
- Can be firm whilst maintaining good relations with all parties
- Is able to liaise with stakeholders and manage sensitive relationships
- Able to maintain good communications with the client.