||Principal Designer/CDM Advisor
||UK - England - South East England, Hampshire - Winchester
||9 months ago
My client, a civil engineering consultancy seek a self-motivated and experienced CDM professional to work from their Winchester office to manage commissions in the South of England and surrounding areas.
You will work as Principal Designer or CDM Advisor and manage a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors, including leisure, healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
- To undertake principal designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role; including site visits, preparation of the preconstruction document, etc;
- To liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/health and safety issues;
- To assist in the preparation of health and safety/CDM documentation for contractors and others;
- To manage projects to agreed budgetary limits and timetables, and maintain all necessary records;
- To seek and follow up on opportunities to promote the company;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and should ideally be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- At least three years’ relevant experience in the construction industry, with some experience of CDM/health and safety issues in construction;
- Relevant HNC, HND, BSc or MSc(or equivalent) in a construction-related topic;
- Good management, communication and organisational skills;
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent;
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation;
- Good working knowledge of CDM and similar related health and safety legislation
- A clean driver’s licence
The position offers an attractive package and excellent prospects for promotion. We look forward to receiving your application!