|Job Title:||Principal Designer / Principal Designer Advisor|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London - South London|
|Salary:||£55,000 to £65,000|
|Contact Name:||Rayner Mason|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
We have an interesting and challenging opportunity for a Principal Designer (OR Principal Designer Advisor) to join a well-established Health and Safety consultancy based in South London. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of providing CDM consultancy services to a diverse portfolio of Clients and projects.
Reporting to Director Level, the successful Principal Designer will be responsible for providing all aspects of the Principal Designer service either as a direct service to the Client, or on a sub-consultancy basis to the appointed Principal Designer.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified design professional with additional construction related health and safety knowledge, and preferably have a NEBOSH Construction Certificate, or similar.
The applicant needs to have proven experience and knowledge of working within a design related construction health and safety consultancy environment and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, as well as have the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
Key Skills requirements:
- Design Qualifications/experience
- Proven relevant CDM experience
- Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to co-ordinate the CDM input from Designers
- Reviewing Designers compliance with their CDM design obligations and monitoring compliance
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable design related risks
- Ensuring Designers comply with CDM duties
- Preparing and providing relevant information to other CDM dutyholders
- Providing relevant information to the Principal Contractor to assist them plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the Construction Phase
This is a highly important role, with a level of autonomy that will reflect the package on offer.