|Job Title:||Principal Digital Designer|
|Contact Name:||George Blezard|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
My Client is looking to expand their modelling team in the Auckland office in New Zealand. You will be an experienced leader who can train and inspire your team. You will not only be taking a lead role on assigned projects, but you will be taking a reviewing and mentoring role of other technicians and their projects.
Management, Strategy & Planning:
- You will provide leadership in digital engineering and implementation of digital engineering
- Lead, train and inspire the structural modelling team to develop their capability in digital engineering.
- Provide continuous assessments of evolving Digital Engineering capability against current trends in the industry and local market to ensure the objectives of the business are aligned with the aspiration of prospective clients.
- You will take the lead on modelling projects and be the main point of contact for the contact in regards to BIM
- Participate in Project PIM set-up, assisting Structural BIM Manager in the creation of the BIM Execution Plan.
- Direct and Supervise other technician / draughtsman activities as required
- Make sure that the projects are kept to a high standard.
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others' work
- Represents the team/group/profession/discipline at external meetings
- Continuously monitor and update BIM Execution Plan when necessary.
- Ensure BIM Execution plan and Project standards are adhered to by project team.
- The ability to understand architectural drawings and produce structural models.
- Be able to model, draw and detail structural elements and create custom families where necessary, producing drawings, schedules and visualisations from 3D models for use in technical reports, presentations and marketing material
- Collaborate with other disciplines and perform clash analysis to ensure the ongoing coordination of the Structural models throughout the project
- Manage the quality assurance of all the projects.
- Handle contract administration, document issues and document management
If you fit this profile then please get in touch.