Highways Design Engineer, Technical Director or Principal Grade
Salary: Negotiable, competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Highways & Transportation Planning
Our client are renowned in the field for infrastructure and environmental design and now require a dedicated, experienced professional to join their expanding team. You must be a leader with technical excellence and commercial nous at the forefront whilst managing the clients and the wider team. Location can be flexible although Nottingham destination preferred.
Working with predominantly private sector, development planning based clients the successful individual will hold responsibility within the business for shaping and implementing the strategy for expanding Highways Design capabilities/team/business from both a commercial and technical perspective.
This will involve bidding and developing new project workloads both with existing clients and their own network of contacts, whilst at the same time leading on the delivery of design projects. As workloads grow it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand the technical team around themselves.
- Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer, experienced in the preparation of highway design and specification, and managing projects from inception to completion, including planning, detailed design and delivery of works through S38/S278 Agreements.
- Significant experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and / or MX
- A capable communicator experienced within a client facing role, and capable of delivering projects to a defined brief within timescale, budget and risk constraints.
- An established network of contacts and clients within both the private and public sector, including developers, contractors, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- A proven track record of work winning, and the ability to undertake business development activities to grow the highway design team
- Proven capabilities within the leadership and management of a technical team within a comparable consultancy or commercial position
If you have the required acumen and interest please highlight your credentials to David at ALLEN & YORK for a full JD and benefits list.