|Job Title:||Principal Drainage Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Birmingham|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Principal Drainage Engineer
As a Drainage Infrastructure Engineer you will have an in depth knowledge of developing and coordinating engineering design of drainage systems, landfill drainage and structures associated generally with drainage infrastructure.
You will need to possess the confidence, capability and relevant experience to design and deliver projects, with support from our existing drainage and utilities team. You will be client facing, and possess sufficient expertise, confidence and drive. This is an exciting role and a great opportunity for someone to who wishes to develop professionally.
- Demonstrable design experience in a variety of drainage infrastructure projects
- Previous project experience of designing plot levels, structures and drainage for residential sites on ranging topography and ground conditions
- Design and drafting capabilities in AutoCAD and 3D design software e.g. Civils 3D
- Detailed knowledge of Design Codes such as Sewers for Adoption, CESWI,
- Exercising technical skills in one or more areas of capabilities such as, drainage, landfill sites, attenuation and reservoir design.
- Chartered, or be progressing towards chartered engineer status or incorporated engineer status with ICE.
- Knowledge of drainage design standards (SFA) and specification (CESWI).
- Consultation experience with HA, Local Councils, Emergency Services, Statutory Undertakers and key stakeholders
- Full awareness of H&S legislation and how it is applied to the design process
- Track record of delivering residential design solutions in a client facing role
You will also need:
- Commercial awareness, with experience of financial reporting connected to your work
- Ability to work to a client brief or project manager’s instruction to produce a sound engineering proposal.
- Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines
- A broad knowledge of Quality Management and IMS
- Experience of being a member of a wider civils team responsible for the delivery of a wide range of development projects.
- To manage your own discrete design tasks and providing input to multi-disciplinary design teams
- To work with teams and clients to successfully navigate the design approval processes, including the discharge of associated conditions
- To demonstrate and develop your technical skills and providing assistance and advice
- To control your own program of tasks and budgets
- To presenting technical advice to team leaders, project managers and clients as appropriate.
- To assist senior staff on major schemes and with business development
- To Proactive liaise with and report to your line manager and/or project manager/director
- To working as part of a team, translating outline engineering proposals and strategies into detailed design drawings, understanding the relationship between the project disciplines.
- To manage the delivery of individual tasks & activities to programme and budget.
- Ensure adherence to our health and safety policy and procedures