Allen & York are pleased to be supporting a focused London based team, who serve as the UK arm of a global Engineering, Environment and Management consultancy group. We are looking for an individual from either an Environmental or Financial risk background to come on board ideally at Principal grade and input into high profile M&A due diligence work.
Technically, you will come from a contaminated land, EHS or compliance background, or from a financial background with direct experience to board level conversation surrounding the acquisition of land and businesses. You will need to be commercially minded, confident, and comfortable speaking with CEOs, CFOs and brokers in both the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project management of EHS due diligence and transaction advisory projects to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner whilst ensuring technical excellence that meets our clients' needs;
- Managing and mentoring EHS professionals within the practice team, as it grows;
- Managing subcontractors and partners as required to deliver project specific tasks;
- Supporting the practice lead in business development, including contributing to marketing efforts, identification of bid opportunities, management of key client relationships, attending client meetings;
- Undergraduate degree (BSc) or higher in an environmental science or engineering discipline;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant environmental consulting experience, ideally within an established environmental due diligence practice, with specific experience of corporate and private equity M&S support;
- Strong technical background in environmental risk assessment and management, with an excellent knowledge of current and future core UK & EU environmental legislation, regulations, and best practice;
- Experience of client liaison (e.g. meetings, presentations) and management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and with the ability to generate and technically review reports;
In return, you will gain access to the top tier of M&A work in the UK, and training on the financial risk of such projects if you do not already have it. We expect a high level of interest in this position, and we look forward to hearing from you. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.