Our client is a world's leading provider of independent renewable energy advice.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Wind Energy Due Diligence Engineer as part of an ongoing increase in capacity to meet the market needs. The role is technical in nature and would suit someone looking for a suitably senior role without the expectation of undertaking line management.
The role will involve providing technical consulting services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of renewable energy projects, including Technical Due Diligence to Investors and Lenders as well as Lenders and Owners Engineering support.
While currently the role would be focussed on the onshore wind market, there will be opportunity to be involved in both offshore wind and solar.
Work within the Onshore Commercial team to promote and deliver company services, principally to Investors and Lenders, but also dealing with developers and owners.
- As principal engineer the individual will be expected to:
- Fulfil the role of Lead Engineer and Project Manager on due diligence projects. This involves managing the project internally (cost and time) as well as leading the delivery of the technical scope, drawing in work from a number of engineers.
- Undertake active business development, particular for clients in Glasgow and Edinburgh, preparing proposals and securing work.
- Act as client manager for certain nominated clients
- Providing technical guidance and experience to less senior staff.
- Drive innovation be proposing projects to develop the capability, including the initiation of industry projects.
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
- The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes. The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
- Good level of technical education and experience, typically including an Engineering or Science degree or higher.
- Significant experience of the development, construction and operation of wind farms.
- Understanding of standard contract forms (including FIDIC and NEC) with experience of these in the construction of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of the UK Planning as applies to onshore wind projects.
- Good understanding of the financing of wind projects and the typical structure of financial models for projects in the UK and Ireland.
We look forward to receiving your application.