|Job Title:||Principal Ecologist|
|Salary:||£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Allen & York are currently working with a successful specialist consultancy with offices based nationwide.
They are seeking to appoint a Principal Ecologist, with an emphasis on managing their Core Team which includes habitat and protected species specialists. Projects will vary from the very small to major infrastructure assignments.
You will be expected to manage staff and individual contracts, in order to deliver high quality consultancy services within budget and to meet deadlines. You will also be involved in costing work, preparing tenders, business development and liaising with clients, other consultants and consultees.
The project-based nature of our work means that there will be a requirement to undertake such travel and working away from home as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
You will be expected to take a place on the company's management board and to work closely with the MD to ensure, amongst other things, a content team dedicated to excellence in quality of service and successful trading.
Duties of the Principal Ecologist will include:
- Project management: to oversee a busy and varied workload and to supervise field staff on a range of contracts.
- Undertaking survey work as and when appropriate.
- Managing individual contracts, in order to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services within budget and to meet deadlines.
- Assisting with the running of the London office and the company overall, in co-operation with other staff.
- Quality Assurance: attention to detail and accuracy, delivery of contracts on time and within budget, and improving the quality of work produced by those you have managed.
- Developing excellent relationships with clients and attend meetings with clients and design teams at a senior level.
- Developing new business and work streams for the company based on your own particular skills and contacts
- Demonstrating knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental legislation and confidence when advising clients on wildlife issues during the development process, as well in liaising with statutory bodies, planning authorities and NGOs.
- Contributing to the marketing and business development of the company and delivering Continual Professional Development sessions (CPD) to existing and potential clients.
- Contributing to training courses offered both internally and externally.
A competitive salary, ongoing training and mentoring, along with a pension scheme is available at this company.
We look forward to receiving your application.