|Job Title:||Principal Ecologist|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with a highly reputable independent ecology consultancy who are currently seeking a Principal Ecologist to assist their Exeter ecological team with more of a prominence on the technical offering rather than business development, along with the essential aspects of ecological consultancy.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with their well established and experienced existing team working on a variety of projects at a range of scales across the South of England.
The role will include:
- Emphasis on the technical offering rather than focusing on winning new business.
- Basic elements of ecological consultancy; supervising surveys, report writing and advising clients.
- Supervision of other team members.
- Maintaining an overview of the company's wider workload.
- Overall responsibility for all quality and technical aspects of the companies output.
Essential skills and experience:
- BSc in ecology or a related subject
- At least four years' experience working as a Senior Ecologist or a higher level
- Proven skills in project management, staff supervision and verification of other consultants work
- Excellent verbal and communication skills including report writing and client liaison
- Sound consultancy experience - thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system and confidence in providing technical advice to clients and staff.
- Full range of survey skills including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species assessments
- An ecological specialism (Bats preferably)
- Ecological Impact Assessment experience including writing ecology chapters of Environmental Statements
- Full member of CIEEM
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
As the successful candidate, you will be offered:
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing professional development.
- A significant bonus through a profit share scheme.
For a confidential talk about the Principal Ecologist position, please call Amy James on 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.