Principal Ecologist - Manchester
My client is a leading global environmental and engineering consultancy, looking to grow their ecology team in Manchester.
As a part of their specialist offering, they have a strong ecology team who support a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors both within the UK and internationally. The ecology team supports in-house water, landscape, arboriculture and sustainability specialists to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions.
- Business development including the production of tenders
- Project management overseeing the delivery of a range of projects, including technical, commercial and financial aspects
- Working closely with the Associate Director of Ecology, you will also take an active role in assuring quality of output and mentoring junior staff
- Grow and develop the team, by mentoring and managing junior staff
Who you are:
- Experience across a range of UK habitats and protected species and will hold (or have held) survey and mitigation licences
- A proven record of supporting clients through devising and delivering survey programmes, developing pragmatic, cost-effective mitigation, gaining the agreement of regulators and supervising implementation on-site
- Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and writing Environmental Statement chapters
- A proven record of winning work from commercial clients, particularly in the residential, mixed use and industrial sectors
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and have or be able to demonstrate that you are working towards Chartered Ecologist status
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!