A rare opportunity has arisen for a Principal Ecologist to join a well-known multidisciplinary consultancy in their Warrington office.
My client is engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including the EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Due to their ongoing success, they are now looking to recruit a high calibre Principal Ecologist with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environment team based in Warrington. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring we meet the demanding workload.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a relevant Degree, ideally with a further education qualification
- Full member of CIEEM
- Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist (or demonstrably approaching Chartered Ecologist)
- Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, relevant wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- In-depth knowledge of particular plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
- Excellent commercial and project management skills
- Proven track record in writing ecological appraisals, EcIAs and Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Proven track record in writing project and plan-level HRA
- Ability to lead and grow a team
- Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be accountable for the quality control, coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects within the Business Unit or project team. Due to the diverse nature of their work, the successful candidate will gain experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of projects to meet time, budgetary and SHEQ targets, managing the ecological aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations. You will take a leadership role on projects and within the team, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example.
My client prides themselves on their capacity for providing personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry-recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
- Manage projects (particularly budgets and cashflow), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Have responsibility for technical quality / approval of project deliverables
- Undertake ecological surveys, oversee/undertake the analysis of results of field surveys, and manage the production of reports, impact assessments, biodiversity strategies and other documents
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an in-depth level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues
- Compile licence applications, including developing mitigation and monitoring
- Undertake/supervise mitigation and monitoring of licensed work and liaise with statutory authorities
- Undertake performance management of assigned team members and provide training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff
- Design research projects and contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate
- Manage budgets and the production of bids.
What's on offer?
My client offers a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
To find out more call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986, or email email@example.com today!