The Exciting Opportunity:
My client is seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive, ambitious and conscientious Principal Environmental Consultant to join the Environmental Impact Assessment Team in their Cardiff office.
Their EIA team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
Overview of Role:
- Reporting to the Cardiff Office EIA Lead, you will provide EIA advice to clients, leading the preparation of a range of EIA deliverables including desk studies, screening requests, scoping reports, option/ feasibility studies, informal EIA assessments and Environmental Statements.
- You will also contribute to bid preparation and business development through building relationships within the Arcadis business as well as with existing and new clients. You will work closely with our existing EIA team to develop opportunities as well as work alongside colleagues of other disciplines and sectors of the business to enhance our EIA capability and reputation in the marketplace.
- You will proactively manage selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- You will also be responsible for managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of projects to ensure a successful result.
- You will liaise with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project.
- Managing selected projects or components of project, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result;
- Liaising with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project;
- Establish strong relationships with environmental disciplines and engineers; and
- Ensuring EIA advice complies with regulation and best practice.
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree and Membership of IEMA, with Master's Degree in relevant Environmental discipline preferred;
- Practitioner IEMA Membership working towards Chartered status; Delivery focussed;
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing EIAs, including the preparation of Scoping Reports, option/feasibility studies and preparing assessment chapters;
- Project management experience, including commercial and risk aspects
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of EIA processes and relevant UK legislation is essential, as is a good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines;
- An understanding of project consent routes;
- Demonstrable client care skills in securing new work in addition to existing client retention;
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail;
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Team player with demonstrable previous experience in the management / coordination of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent motivation, influencing, people management, presentational and delegation skills;
- An understanding environmental law, consenting regimes and procedures is an advantage, as is an interest and / or experience in sustainable development issues;
- Travel Flexibility; and Full and valid driving licence.
What's on Offer
My client offers some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!