Principal Electrical Engineer
Our client¸ an expanding international M&E consultancy, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to be based in the Bicester Office.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and are capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work 'hands on'.
* Responsible for running of medium size projects
* Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services
* Designs and specifies Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
* Develops Electrical engineering concepts and solutions
* Reports and reviews on Electrical engineering options and makes final proposal
* Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers, Structural Engineers etc
* Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
* Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project Technical requirements and deliverables
* Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
* Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
* Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
* Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
* Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
* Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
* Use computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and pro
* Ensure document control methods are being adhered to an quality control standards are being achieved
* Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
* Responsible for assigned Engineers
* Work independently within Red QA Systems
* People management skills
* Clear (written as well as oral) Communication skills
* Experience will include the coordination of engineering project services
* A proven track record in project management.
* Experience in the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Kris Kobi at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext242.