|Job Title:||Principal Engineer|
|Location:||UK - Wales - South Wales|
|Salary:||Salary - £45-55,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Collins|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Our client are looking to expand their utilities team in Cardiff.
Their Water team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust, water utility companies and construction partners, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s water services, waterways and flood defences.
You will manage selected projects (or parts of projects) meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets and provide input into the sector strategy and business plans as required.
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and championing a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you are responsible, including calculations, drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects.
- Liaising with the Project Manager and the Client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and promoting a culture of H&S awareness within the team
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
Relevant engineering degree
Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE or working towards Chartership
- Knowledge and experience of clean and dirty water non-infrastructure (treatment) and infrastructure (pipeline) works in the UK (preferably in an Alliance setting).
- Complementary skills including knowledge and experience of reservoir and river engineering schemes would be desirable.
- Recent Design and build experience working closely with Civil Contractors, Process Contractors and Supply chain.
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills.
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner.
- Knowledge of BIM led design (experience desirable).
- Experience of Civils 3D or Revit MEP desirable.