Allen & York are please to be working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer experienced in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management.
The successful person will be part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Projects will include; Environment Agency, Local Authorities and some private sector clients.
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Carrying out and coordinating detailed design of flood risk management solutions
- Technical and business case reporting
- Liaising with clients, architects and other design team members
- Assisting with project management and multi-disciplinary design coordination
- Civil Engineering degree and MICE status
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designers responsibilities under CDM
- Experience in the design and appraisal of riverine structural and non-structural measures
- Experience of urban, surface water flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Contract and specification preparation
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Construction related experience either as a supervisor or through visiting design office support role.
- Preparation of Project Appraisal Reports to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes