A Large International Engineering Consultancy is looking for a Principal / Chief Biomass engineer, with focus on delivering professional consultancy services to clients operating in the heating sector (mainly biomass). Typical range of projects is up fro 1MW up to 40MW.
The focus of the work will be engineering, design, planning, project management, strategic, operational and regulatory consultancy advises to developers and operators, EPCs and Financial institutions in the private & government sector including large utilities.
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background, extensive managerial experience, and desire to work from a consultative prospective rather than constructional.
At least 10 - 12 years of experience is essential for that role. The role could be based either in the South East of England, or in the North West or Scotland based offices of the company).
- Manage and act as business and technical lead for: feasibility studies, design, specification and implementation of biomass, biogas, biofuels & waste-to-energy renewable energy projects.
- Lead various marketing and tender initiatives.
- Manage department resource allocation
- Effectively manage several renewable energy projects concurrently to time and budget constraints (involving management of c. 5-10 staff to deliver these projects).
- Manage department resources.
- To lead and manage various business development activities/ tender initiatives.
- To lead on managing the relationship with key clients.
- To contribute to expanding the client base.
- Technical leadership for feasibility studies.
- Technical leadership for design and specification of renewable energy projects.
- To work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
- To prepare technical and non technical reports.
- Consulting/contracting on renewable energy projects for major UK clients.
- Biomass, Biogas, Biofuels, or Waste-to-energy projects
- Preparation of plant specifications and contract implementation through to completion.
- Plant installation, commissioning, and testing.
- Ideally, combustion systems, including high and low pressure boilers.
- Pyrolysis and gasification.
- Prime movers: gas turbines, steam turbines, gas engines.
- Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Potentially also with a qualification in management.
- Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of project and people/contract management activities.
- Well-developed technical skills and experience.
- Numerate and well-developed MS Excel skills.
- Well-developed report writing and reviewing skills, using MS Word.
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results.
- Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload and team members.
- Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition and developing in others.
- Understanding client's needs, and business development experience.
- Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information.
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general.
- Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
- Minimum 10years of experience
- Previous consultancy background is highly desirable