|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Treatment and Pipeline|
|Salary:||£45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Principal Engineer - Clean and Dirty water - Treatment and Pipeline
Cardiff or Bristol
Reporting to the Associate Business Director you will take on a key role within the sector, providing leadership, technical advice and leading by example where appropriate, build and consolidate networks within the industry and promote and market all facets of services during interfaces with clients and colleagues in other sectors/ offices.
You will manage selected projects (or parts of projects) meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets and provide input into the sector strategy and business plans as required.
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and championing a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you are responsible, including calculations, drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects.
- Liaising with the Project Manager and the Client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and promoting a culture of H&S awareness within the team
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Relevant engineering degree and chartered engineer status (preferably MICE).
- Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE or working towards Chartership