|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Water & Environment|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Herbert|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Due to continued expansion, our client is current actively recruiting for a Principal level individual to join the UK Water and Environment team in offices the South and the Midlands. You will have a strong track record working with established UK consultancies, and will be comfortable completing a range of technical and operational work.
As part of your role you will take responsibility for delivering successful bids for medium to large projects tendered under the WEM framework. You will also take responsibility for successfully project -manage and/or project-direct projects for the Environment Agency and other clients across England and Wales. Projects will include a variety of Environment Agency services mainly focussed on Lot 3 - Engineering Consultancy and Related Services (formerly the National Engineering and Environmental Consultancy Agreement). Your role will include managing both the client and the technical delivery in the office as well as taking responsibility for the delivery of the project to cost, quality and programme whilst maintaining overall commercial responsibility.
- Sound management skills, with proven track record
- Strong bidding experience, with proven track record
- Strong client management skills
- Experience in successfully managing the delivery of strategies; appraisals and business cases for the Environment Agency
- Experience of leading and supervising the preparation of outline designs, including drawings and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
In addition to the above, you would be expected to be able to demonstrate excellence in some of the following technical areas:
- Hydraulic analysis, including weirs and gates discharge capacity; hydraulic jump; scour protection etc.
- Coastal processes and technical solutions
- Economic analysis, including cost/benefit analysis; Outcome Measure; damages etc
- Public and stakeholder engagement
- Design of flood defences; such as retaining walls; earth embankments; soft engineering solutions; flood gates etc.
- Understanding of Water Framework Directive
- Fish pass design
- Site supervision, including CITB SMSTS qualification
- Project Manager experience
- Mechanical and Electrical design of hydraulic gates operating equipment
As part of your role you will lead on specific technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design and will support and provide advice to more junior members of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal level Engineer or a Senior level individual looking to make the step up in an organisation known for its involvement in the water sector.
We look forward to receiving your application.