Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant - Water and Environment
(London, East Grinstead or Basingstoke)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior / Principal Environment Consultant. You will work on a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector whilst supporting the Water, Rail, Highways and Tunnels divisions. Some of the key clients include the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an expanding company and to help a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
My client is currently seeking a Senior/Principal Environmental Scientist to help grow their team. As a Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant you will provide a significant contribution to delivering projects for the Environment Agency and other clients across England and Wales. Projects will include a variety of fluvial and coastal flooding projects, as well as strategies and other infrastructure projects (water, rail, housing or commercial property). You will be working on delivering the environmental and EIA elements of those including both the technical elements of projects as well as the management ones.
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Clerk of Works/Environmental site audits
- Environmental Management Plans
- Project work
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent report writing skills
- Project Management
- In addition to the above, you would be expected to be able to demonstrate working experience in some of the following technical areas:
- Work experience in delivering EIA
- Work experience on rail projects
- Work experience on river/coastal projects
- Experience on projects needing Habitats Directive Assessment or Water Framework Directive Assessment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Town and Country Planning
- Contaminated Land
- Sustainability Assessments
- Health Impact Assessments
As part of your role you will be asked to develop the technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design with particular regards to the environmental assessment process, consultation, applying for consents and submitting a planning application.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a BSc/MSc in a related Environmental Science field with experience in EIA. You will be a member of a relevant institution working towards chartership or be chartered. You will also drive on behalf of the company to visit clients/sites etc and therefore a valid UK driving licence is essential.
For more information please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 Ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to receiving your application