Principal Environmental Consultant - Chester or Bradford on Avon
One of the UK's leading engineering and environment consultancies, specialising in water, energy and environment projects now has an opening for a Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant. Working with a range of clients including the Environment Agency, Thames Water, Natural Resources Wales, and Wave Hub Ltd. Some of the EIA projects include Hillhouse Enterprise Zone Power Station Development Consent Order (DCO), River Thames Scheme, and Bridgwater Tidal Barrier. You will be working in the multi-disciplinary Environmental Impact Assessment team.
role will include:
- providing environmental support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure;
- managing and writing all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
- managing different consenting applications such as planning, Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Order and Environmental Permits;
- supporting business development and tenders;
- liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required;
- providing a mentoring/supervisory role to more junior members of our team.
A specialism or interest in an area of EIA would be advantage; in particular freshwater or marine ecology, CEEQUAL, sustainability assessments, health/socio impact assessment, environmental permitting/compliance or noise for example.
You will have an environmental related degree, be a member/EIA practitioner with IEMA and chartered with a relevant institute; to have excellent written and oral communication; enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and EIA; and to hold a full UK driving licence. Previous consultancy experience desirable.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com