Principal Geo-environmental Consultant (Manchester)
My client are currently seeking a motivated and highly skilled Geo-environmental Consultant to join their Manchester Geo-Environmental team.
This role is a Principal level appointment. The team undertakes a diverse range of projects across sectors, to deliver contaminated land consultancy services backed up by in-house ground investigation services.
The successful candidate will become a key member of a busy team delivering focused contaminated land solutions for our growing key client base, with emphasis on technical excellence, client care and effective project management.
You will be working alongside other land contamination, ground investigation and geo-technical specialists to deliver holistic solutions to clients' needs in these areas. Additionally, the successful candidate will be collaborating with geo-environmental teams in other offices and with other specialists in the planning, environment and engineering teams.
Principal level appointment requiring a minimum of 10 years' demonstrable post-graduate geo-environmental experience.
You must be chartered with a relevant professional institution or near chartered.
Post graduate degree in a relevant discipline an advantage.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the leadership of the team and the day to day management and delivery of projects.
The available position would suit those with an existing background in environmental geo-science as applied to the investigation, assessment and remediation of land contamination.
Key attributes required for the position are sound technical knowledge and project management skills, enthusiasm, self-motivation, ability to lead and develop more junior staff and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Requirements of the Role:
* Thorough understanding of current contaminated land technical guidance, Part 2A legislation and the development planning regime.
* Ability to review and critically analyse technical data to develop holistic and integrated conceptual models and to undertake both Generic and Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments for both human health and controlled waters.
* Skilled in producing Phase 1, Phase 2 geo-environmental reports, remediation strategies, validation reporting and feasibility studies (e.g. identification and assessment of site constraints).
* Experience designing and managing ground investigations to support land contamination assessments.
* Knowledge of and experience in selecting appropriate techniques for the remediation of land contamination
* Demonstrable skills in writing accurate, concise, clear and well-constructed technical reports, reviewing the work of others, assessing the technical approach and determining compliance with relevant guidance and the client's requirements.
* Experienced in dealing with local authority contaminated land officers and other regulators.
* Acting as point of contact for clients and delivering high levels of client care * Ability to develop new business from existing and potential new clients
* Understanding of HSE requirements, responsibilities and safe systems of work.
* A proven track record in successful project delivery.
* Understanding of commonly used forms of contract.
* Managing financial performance of projects to achieve budget targets and maintain key performance indicators.
* Experience in writing and reviewing bids, quotations etc.
* Able to work with a range of specialist professionals to deliver multi-disciplinary projects.
* Able to build rapport and relationships with peers to develop good working relationships with the wider team.
* Ability to effectively coach and mentor others.
* Client focus with proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
* Taking a customer led approach to delivery and communicating client needs to the team. * Communicating openly and clearly.
* Problem solving and planning skills with ability to find innovative and practical solutions.
Please contact Zoe Payne or Tom Herbert on 01202 888 986