Principal Hydrologist - Glasgow
As a result of continued success, my client now requires a talented and experienced Principal Hydrologist to join their Glasgow Office. As a trusted advisor to clients across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, minerals, residential and commercial.
My client offers a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
You will be a dynamic individual with proven experience in hydrology whose skills and work ethic will complement the experienced and growing water team. The principal role will principally incorporate the following elements:
- Project management and delivery of hydrology projects;
- Delivery of technical hydrological and river basin studies for a range of public and private sector clients;
- Provide hydrology and modelling advice/guidance relating to all aspects of fluvial, coastal and pluvial flood risk, and river basin processes;
- Input into cross-disciplinary projects (e.g. ecology, impact assessment, engineering);
- Liaison with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues; and
- Maintain and develop client relationships.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Honours or Master's degree in hydrology or relevant discipline;
- Consultancy experience in project management and delivery;
- Working experience in hydraulic modelling (1D & 2D hydraulic models);
- Hydrology support to EIA and environmental engineering projects;
- Chartered or in the process of/willing to work towards chartership of a recognised professional body;
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines across the UK;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Full UK drivers licence.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org