|Job Title:||Principal Hydropower Engineer - Scotland|
|Location:||UK - Scotland - Central Belt|
|Salary:||£50k - £55k + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Our client is a global company offering consultancy, construction and project management services across the world.
They focus on the delivery energy infrastructure projects - Hydro power, Wind, Solar, and Energy from Waste projects.
They currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Engineer
This is delivery focused role requiring a strong technical understanding of Hydro-electricity development and, in particular, a good working knowledge of hydro-mechanical equipment and electrical generation and control systems.
- This role shall be responsible for the delivery of design work on hydro, with input to other energy projects as appropriate.
- Experience of work on small hydro is essential but work on large hydro and/or other energy infrastructure is highly desirable. This role will report to the Head of Hydro Energy Europe who reports to the Managing Director Energy Europe.
- Co-ordinating consultancy resources in the delivery of Hydro development projects to the established cost budget.
- Acting as Owner’s Engineer for projects through to the construction phase, providing a supporting role for larger projects.
- Co-ordinating all activities in the development of planning applications and discharging resulting conditions.
- Undertaking Feasibility level studies for Hydro projects conjunction with their wider teams.
- Ensuring that their database of hydro technology is up to date and is accessible to others in the team.
- Development of procurement specifications for hydro turbines, generators and associated equipment.
- Solid experience working for either a contractor, hydro equipment manufacturer, or consultant.
- Good knowledge of the hydro power development process.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone.
- Ability to work in a pressurized engineering and project environment – operating to tight timescales.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, you will be required to co-ordinate multiple projects within a large global network of offices.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD might be useful but not essential.
- Fluent in English - one or more other language(s) would be an advantage.