Our client is a large multi-disciplinary with offices all over the UK but currently looking to fill a role at their Glasgow office.
The role has recently become available and is required to sustain service delivery and support growth and development of the Landscape & Urban Design team within the Environment and Energy Business Unit.
The purpose of the role is to complement and enhance the growing Landscape and Urban Design business by providing principal landscape architecture capability for both infrastructure and public realm projects in a variety of sectors, including regeneration, energy, transport and water projects in Scotland.
The successful applicant will be located in Glasgow and will report to the Discipline Manager for Landscape and Urban Design.
The applicant will hold a MLA or DipLA in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design with experience of Landscape Visual Impact Assessment, Landscape, Streetscape and Public Realm design.
Requirements of the Principal Landscape Architect
- Core Knowledge / Skills Areas:
- Extensive consultancy experience at managerial level and excellent commercial acumen.
- Extensive knowledge of landscape assessment and design.
- Expert knowledge of the environmental assessment process.
- Excellent creative design ability.
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Understanding the role of a Principal Landscape Architect Business development capability and client liaison skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in current issues of landscape, urban design and placemaking, transport/movement
You will also have a combination of the following skills
- Excellent report writing skills essential.
- Computing skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Sketch Up and AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and develop people and for managing collaborative teams on multi-disciplinary projects and skilled moderator for design and consultation workshops
- Understanding and awareness of contractual issues and risks when dealing with clients and sub-consultants
- Able to effectively lead the writing of successful proposals for landscape and urban design work
- Able to plan resources, manage small teams and budgets for the successful delivery of projects.
If you would like to discuss this role further then please contact Tom Collins on 01202 888986