|Job Title:||Principal Landscape Architect|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Hampshire - Southampton|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Landscape Architect to join the Urban Design team within the Living Places business unit.
The role will be based in Southampton working on a long term contract with Southampton City Council. The contract offers a full scope of works from reactive and emergency maintenance through to multimillion pound design and builds schemes.
Living Places provides managed services to associated public sector bodies. The company exists to provide focus to the challenge of supporting local public sector organisations in continuing to serve their local customers. You will be offered great career prospects, a healthy pipeline of work within the Southampton area, other living places contracts and an enjoyable team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent design skills and project management in Landscape Architecture/Urban Design, with the ability to deliver landscape and urban design solutions to tight deadlines at a range of scales from strategic master planning to design detailing.
- Excellent communication skills both written, oral and graphically with experience in presenting projects to public forums, professional design panels and clients.
- Proven experience with Creative software packages such as Photoshop, illustrator, Sketchup, more importantly can communicate design ideas/concepts with freehand drawings and sketches.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of large urban infrastructure projects by being part of a design delivery team.
- Take a leading role in producing urban infrastructure feasibility studies and develop new opportunities by identifying future projects.
- Be able to prepare project briefs, assist in bidding process and prepare design fee proposals.
- Ensure that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety and environmental requirements and policy
- Build relationships with the customer or client; undertake technical discussions to establish requirements of client.
- Qualified to CMLI
- Qualified to degree level in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design
- Chartered preferably
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.