|Job Title:||Principal Mechanical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Holly Maslin|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Our client is a global technology and engineering consultancy. They are recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer for their turbomachinery division.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the gas turbine supply chain via technical assistance to external suppliers, internal manufacture, assembly and engine test departments. The role serves the business needs to control supply chain costs and aims to deliver a continuous improvement in reduction of non-conformance costs
- Creating task specifications
- Coaching junior engineers
- Monitoring progress against technical objectives and milestones
- Checking completed work and ensuring documentation is complete
- Executing the most complex of tasks personally and will be responsible for approval of technical project outcomes.
- Knowledge of design, manufacturing and assembly techniques of rotating equipment, preferably existing familiarity of gas turbines and ideally familiarity in the 5-15MW range of Siemens gas turbines
- Degree in mechanical engineering, engineering materials or similar. Equivalent experience in the absence of qualifications will be considered.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment is highly preferred, with proven mechanical engineering ability
- An understanding of rotating equipment failure modes would be an advantage
- Familiar with the design and manufacturing processes involved in rotating equipment supply chain
- An appreciation of rotating component operational duty is essential in the evaluation on non-conformances
- Knowledge of balancing and vibration diagnostics would be an advantage but not essential.
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self motivated, results driven, thorough, accurate, excellent in written and verbal communication and computer literate particularly in MS Office applications
- An ability to confidently converse with disciplines such as rotordynamics, aerodynamics, combustion, heat transfer, manufacturing engineers, machinists and fitters is a necessity
We look forward to receiving your application