|Job Title:||Principal OLE Engineer|
|Salary:||£1 per annum + Negotiable salary|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Principal OLE Engineer
Location: Derby (may consider other office locations; Birmingham, Manchester or London)
Allen & York are pleased to be actively recruiting for a Principal OLE Engineer to join one of our most reputable clients. Our client offers a full-spectrum of consultancy support to different organisations and is a leader in the rail sector.
Currently looking to grow their OLE team by taking on a senior member of staff. As the successful applicant, you will have extensive post-graduate relevant experience in overhead line design preferably allocation layout design, bonding design and cross sections of OLE structures, plus a broad knowledge of rail industry practice. Familiarity with railway standards is essential.
Responsibilities as Principal OLE Engineer:
- Competent to work unsupervised and to supervise others; competent to check and approve the work of others; competent to sign off design certificates on behalf of the company.
- To supervise and check the work of junior staff and to take part in the professional development of those staff.
- Conceptual outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options.
- When required, to undertake the roles of Contractors Responsible Engineer, Task Manager, Designer, Checker or Approver for all various types of Overhead Line design.
- Preparation, checking and/or approval of feasibility studies, outline and detailed design technical reports and other written documents.
- Design, checking and approval of detail allocation and construction design.
- Design, checking and approval of the assessment on the OLE of horizontal and vertical track alignment schemes.
- Production and approval of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Management of teams of engineers and external suppliers.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
- Establishment of internal design standards and/or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Contributing to long term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices.
- The Jobholder should be thoroughly conversant with the use of MS Office suite, Project Management software is desirable but not essential (P3, Suretrack or MS Project).
- The Jobholder should also be familiar with production of drawings using Microstation CAD package.
As the successful person, you will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Our client is offering a competitive salary based on one's level of experience + benefits.
If you are keen to learn more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
We look forward to receiving your application!