|Job Title:||Principal Permanent Way Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Benefits + Package|
|Contact Name:||Carolina Troncoso|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
This role is with a well-known global organisation working on some of the UK's and international most high profile projects and they have a solid reputation in the market and genuinely believe in career progression & development for their employees.
You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
- Expert knowledge of Microstation CAD and Bentley Rail Track design software production.
- Expert Knowledge of Gauging essential.
- A minimum of BTEC HNC qualified in Civil Engineering (ideally degree qualified) with Bentley Railtrack / MX Rail experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microstation CAD production.
- Experience of track design, S&C and Plain Line
- Knowledge and skills in aspects of track and/or railway civil engineering surveying, specification, construction/renewal within the UK
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop a team of less experienced Engineers and support personnel
- Preferably a Chartered Member of PWI or working towards professional qualification
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing input into, and engagement with, the company's strategy and vision as well as the function's business and marketing plan
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the function strategy and business plan
- Mentoring and developing team members, ensuring they are getting professional development to progress through the company
- Maintaining an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the function's clients and the market so as to be aware of any business opportunities that arise
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other functions, sectors and teams in the region, and external bodies to foster cooperation and to maximise cross-sell and trade up opportunities
- To proactively encourage links across multi-office virtual teams, sharing business intelligence, opportunities and team members
- Ensuring compliance with the company's commercial and administrative procedures by team members and project managers
- Contribute to monthly performance reports as directed by the Business Director
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Implementing a high level of innovation in technical issues, problem solving and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health & Safety regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
Permanent Way Design
- Acting as CRE
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of permanent way design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Development of working knowledge across aspects of permanent way and contribution to developing the Company's general capability, breadth and depth of expertise and practices
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representative, and contribute to the marketing/networking of the Company to potential customers
- Inputs to the formulation of technical Proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Contribute to overall team resource allocation and utilisation
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
BASIC SALARY WITH A GENEROUS PACKAGE REFLECTING THE SENIORITY OF THIS ROLE.
DON'T HESITATE TO SEND OYUR CV ACROSS OR REQUEST MORE INFORMATION