|Job Title:||Principal Project Engineer - Rail|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Actively recruiting for a Principal Project Engineer to join a one of ALLEN & YORK'S most prestigious clients. Our client is a leading global engineering and technology company who are seeking an experienced Principal Project Engineer to join the well-established team.
Job Purpose of the Principal Project Engineer
- As the successful candidate, you will be directing the activities of the project teams to achieve the maximum project throughput from the resources available.
- You will be providing a leading role in implementing signalling projects into operational service.
- The Principal Project Engineer will assist the Engineering Manager with the following by providing guidance and governance management to the senior project engineers and project engineers.
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Direct the preparation of contract specifications for major signalling projects, evaluate quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available deal for the Company.
- Maintain a continuous communication with Sponsors, Projects Managers and functions in all areas requiring an interface in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Participate in planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of allocated projects.
- Forecast the resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Identify the required budget provision for allocated projects/sub projects to enable target dates to be met.
- Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the Project Safety Plan.
- Personal and technical development for direct reports.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Chartered Status / Member of IEE and IRSE; have previous experience in aspects of the Signal Engineering design/construction activities and knowledge of current investment processes and project safety requirements.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + company car / allowance + good bonus scheme. You will also receive a comprehensive reward package which includes generous holiday allowance and pension. Through the flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.