A leading Engineering and Project Management consultancy is looking for Principal Quantity Surveyors in London and Peterborough area.
Projects will include manufacturing plants, buildings infrastructure, maritime and industrial, schools and hospitals.
You will be required to provide the full range of professional quantity surveyors skills at all stages in the life of a project. You will provide advice on contractual problems at any stage during the life of a project and will actively promote and seek work both internally within the firm and externally by contract with outside clients.
- Feasibility studies
- Project estimates – ranging from conceptual to pre-tender
- Preparation and review of bills of quantities / price schedules and overseeing teams undertaking the same
- Advice on procurement strategies and contract selection – NEC / FIDIC / ICE and other standard forms of contract
- Familiarity with EU / World Bank /MDB Procurement Rules
- Preparation of tender documents for the above forms of contract in both the private and public sector
- Tender evaluations
- Post-contract administration
- Claims settlement
- Contribute to project reviews
- Work overseas (non-UK) for both short and extended periods
Qualifications & Experience
- Education, personal qualities, experience including special achievements, mobility
- Hold a Degree level qualification preferably recognised by RICS
- Substantial relevant experience gained in a professional practice or consultancy
- Hold RICS Chartered status
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
We look forward to receiving your application.