Our client is looking for a Transport Planner to join their Transport Planning team in their Oxford office. The role involves working alongside a diverse team of Transport Planners and Highway Engineers, gaining consultancy skills as you assist in a number of projects at any one time while their clients' prepare planning applications for new and regenerated development sites.
Dynamic and client-focused, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical judgement; you will help prepare Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, which include analysis of local accessibility for proposed developments, site access designs, and parking requirements, local and national planning policy, potential development inpact on road, cycling, pedestrian and public transport infrastructure, and preparing strategies to support sustainable travel practices for future developments. You will also have the opportunity to implement these strategies with users of newly built developments. As a SME your direct exposure to clients, site visits and meetings will be matched by opportunities for input into the company operations such as marketing, finance and development.
- Ability to complete Transport Assessments and Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans
- Request and instruct on highway surveys (ATC, Parking, Topographical)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Work effectively, efficiently and accurately
- Educated to Degree level in relevant subject (geography, urban planning)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the industry supporting senior colleagues
- Fast and accurate typing skills, high level of proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Complete detailed planning-stage highway drawings using AutoCAD such as new access road and small highway improvement schemes
- Complete Fee Proposals for small and medium sized projects
- Timesheet entry
One of the South's leading transport planning and highway engineering (ranked in top 40 nationwide), our client holds an impressive client base working in sectors including residential, commercial, leisure, retirement living and more. The team of Transport Planners and Highway Engineers assist developers, architects and planning agents by offering advice, reports and highway design as part of planning applications for new developments. The team prides itself on delivering an expert, friendly and approachable service, built on good relationships with the private and public sector to achieve effective, sustainable planning and engineering solutions.
- Salary negotiable (based on experience and qualifications)
- Annual Appraisal and Salary Review
- A friendly and interactive team on hand to ensure a supportive environment and fast progression
- Exposure to some of the nation's most prominent developers, planners and architects
- Active social and charitable calendar
- Auto enrolment onto the company Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 5%
- 24 days annual leave as well as your birthday off
- Employee Assistant Programme