Principal/Technical Director Acoustics
Location: Surrey/Milton Keynes/Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal/Technical Director to drive forward the Building Acoustics capability within their consultancy business.
If you are a driven self starter, and could build a business within a business, this could be the opportunity for you...
A leading consultancy are a provider in planning and environmental consultancy and advice, supporting projects at all stages from initial conception through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious consultancy with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
You will help to lead in the development of our building acoustics capability, but there are also opportunities for involvement in environmental acoustics projects.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Briefing, planning, delivery and technical quality of a range of building acoustics projects
- Provide advice direct to external clients and internal clients.
- Build upon and develop relationships with both existing internal and external clients.
- The overall development of the Acoustics business within the consultancy.
- First degree in relevant subject (2.1 Hons minimum), Second degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of bidding/tendering for internal and external opportunities and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to work effectively in teams to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Proven Project Management/Director experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Highly developed report writing skills, and excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and have the necessary skills to aid the delivery of a variety of projects within a multi-disciplined organisation
- Strong collaborative skills and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial awareness with good client facing skills and the ability to price work, evaluate risk and prepare proposals
- Experience in building acoustics to enable development of this business stream
I look forward to receiving your application shortly or call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.