|Job Title:||Principal/Senior Environmental Scientist Hydro Ecology|
|Location:||South East England|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Payne|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
- We have a fantastic opportunity working for a leading Environmental Consultancy working within hydro-ecology to join there expanding water environmental team based in one of there offices within the UK.
- You will be involved in providing technical environmental expertise and experience on a variety of water management projects, including river restoration schemes, river management and environmental impact assessment.
- You will be responsible for assessing the hydro-ecological impact on protected and native species across the British Isles for a range of water bodies (predominately rivers, lakes, reservoirs, estuaries).
- You will be understanding, predicting and communicating the potential impact of hydrological conditions on habitats and ecology will be a critical element of your role, as well as working alongside a multi-disciplinary environmental team.
- Having a sound understanding of freshwater and estuarine habitats and ecology and most importantly, how these are affected by hydrological and geomorphological variability and water quality pressures and be able to quantify these effects.
- You will need to be able to promote sustainable, cost-effective solutions to current challenges to support recommendations for the development of measures to afford sustainable environmental protection.
Within your role you will be expected to manage some of your own projects, contribute to others as part of a wider team and, identify new business opportunities that fit with your experience and those of your colleagues.
- You will need to provide advice and technical input into hydro-ecological investigations including provision of strategic technical direction to developing appropriate assessment methods, carrying out complex data analysis, providing support to junior staff to develop their skills and support/manage sub-consultancy activities.
- Undertake, produce and technically review hydro-ecological assessments of a wide variety of activities.
- You will need to liaise with clients and a wide range of external stakeholders including regulators and NGOs.
- You will have overall project management and coordination of projects and must be able to Lead on a range of bids, including large and complex proposals.
- Develop follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise from existing clients and projects.
- A good understanding of water management, water industry principles, environmental legislation (especially Habitats Directive and WFD compliance) and planning processes (e.g. EIA).
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as Environmental or Physical Sciences, Geography, Ecology or Biology and ideally a postgraduate degree with a specific hydro-ecological element.
- Ideally chartered membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIWEM or CIEEM), or actively working towards full chartered status.
In return our offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
I look forward to your application Please call Zoe Payne- Senior Recruitment Consultant on 01202 888986 Ext 202.