Principal - Team Leader in Highways Design - Croydon
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Currently seeking a Principal - Team Leader - Highways Design to join a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm. The Team Leader in Highways Design will be based in the Croydon office and the role will encompass project management, line management and ability to demonstrate proficiency in hands on design. The successful applicant will lead the delivery of projects on time, in budget and exceed client expectations. If you would like to work alongside specialist and experienced engineers on some of the UK's most prestigious portfolio of projects, my client could be the perfect fit for you.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a Civil Engineering degree preferably /MSc
- Chartered Engineer
- Project experience in Highways Design (experience of major and urban highways would be an advantage).
- Previous site experience (as contractor or supervisor) would be an advantage
- AutoCAD skills are essential with Civil3D (or similar) capability an advantage
- Good skills with MS Excel and Word are essential
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing position
- Preparation of tender responses would be an advantage
- Line management and performance management experience
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will report to the Highways Senior Manager/ Technical Director and will be expected to deliver projects on time and within budget. You will take responsibility for the highways engineers, technicians and apprentices. Also, some assistance with the development of teams' skills in the Global Excellence Centre will be required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To support Senior Manager through the delivery of team management in Croydon. To work in co-ordination with Team Leader in Kings Cross to ensure that the London team operates as a single entity despite the dual location.
- To deputise for the London Highways Senior Manager as necessary.
- Assist the Senior Manager with the growth of the team in Croydon. To manage the recruitment process to meet the business plan growth targets and in response to workload or skill shortage requirements.
- To lead the Croydon team's scheme delivery of urban space and development related projects, with occasional support to the wider UK highways team on major highway projects.
- To support Senior Manager in development of urban space and development related business across the two London offices. This will involve client facing marketing opportunities; management of tenders; contribution to multi-disciplined tenders and maintenance of opportunity tracking records.
- To take responsibility for the commercial performance of the Croydon team's locally managed projects and sub-projects.
- To cooperate with commercial reporting and audit requirements of the team Commercial and Compliance Manager who will be championing commercial management and project management to the needs of business
- To support in delivery of regular communications across the two teams.
- To implement a programme for the proper and timely management of Croydon staff PDs and ongoing discussions as required.
- To ensure that all Croydon new starters receive the correct induction process through to end of probationary period.
- We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.