Contract or Permanent - York
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known organisation within the Rail Telecoms industry. They are looking for a Principal Telecoms Engineer on a contract or permanent position to join the UK Telecoms engineering team. You will be one of the key members of the design team and you will support the Discipline Lead on project work and play a key role in the business development of the team.
- To supervise and check the work of junior staff and to take part in the professional development of those staff.
- When required, to undertake the role of Task Manager, Designer or Checker as required in the design processes.
- Conceptual and outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Preparation and checking of feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
- Design and checking of Operational Telecoms systems such as:
- Copper Cable Networks
- Fibre Optic Networks
- PDH Networks
- SDH Networks
- Radio Systems including GSM-R
- Immunisation, earthing and bonding (EMC)
- Design and checking of SISS systems that include:
- CCTV Systems (Analogue and Digital)
- Public Address/LLPA/PAVA Systems
- IEng is desirable (or working towards CEng), but additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
- BEng or equivalent or HNC/HND
- IRSE Telecoms Design License
- Knowledge of CDM and other Health and Safety legislation
- Have had experience in a Telecommunications Network Rail approved CRE Role
- Responsible for the application of Safe by Design culture within the CRE's discipline, and in particular, reviewing and approving the hazard mitigations developed by the design teams.
- Familiar with NR and/or LU standards.
In return you will receive a dynamic challenging job and team with a pleasant working environment, opportunities for keeping development your career and a competitive remuneration package.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Carolina Marticorena at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.