Are you a T&C Contractor in Rail Telecoms? Do you want to join one of the leading organisation within the Rail industry?
Contract opportunity with a global organisation, working on some of the UK's most high profile projects.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Supervise Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering activity to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors and test equipment.
- Undertake the role of Person In Charge of Testing (PICOT) on Fixed Telecoms Projects.
- Regularly reporting test and commissioning task progress and status.
- Production and implementation of test and commissioning documentation deliverables to meet
- Fixed Telecoms project Test Strategy requirements.
- Plan test and commissioning facility/equipment requirements and working areas
- Provide test and commissioning knowledge to projects during testing as required
- Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful testing completion.
- Checking that all plant and equipment required to be safety inspected, maintained or tested is currently certified and that site records are kept
- Identifying and reporting project scope change
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision similarly.
- Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
- Application of standard test and commissioning documentation and specifications to support Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning needs
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance with
- Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements including main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
- IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Testing)
- Proven experience in PICOT or Tester In Charge (TIC) role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
- An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering environment.
- Supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks for implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of test and commissioning engineers for effective test and commissioning of telecommunications systems.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Proven experience of supervising delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems test and commissioning activities in the rail environment.
- System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
- Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety / Individual Working Alone / Controller of Site Safety competency.
Get in touch for more information or send over your CV and we will contact you.