Principal Town Planner
Salary: £42,000 - £50,000
Excellent opportunity to work on a range of projects across the planning sector for an experienced Policy Planner at Principal Town Planner level to join a leading consultancy at their Hampshire Office.
Our client is currently expanding their planning team, and now requires a Principal Town Planner who is interested in taking a key role in furthering the company's development. You should have a minimum of 5+ years post graduate experience, preferably within a planning consultancy, and have fully chartered MRTPI status. You will have a good understanding and ability in the full range of planning work as well as good commercial understanding of development projects.
What you will do:
As a Principal Town Planner you will:
- Prepare written fee proposals in conjunction with Practice Manager or other senior members of staff/Partner only if required
- Plan research online and at LPA offices
- Undertake site visits and preparing written and visual record
- Prepare written site appraisals
- Provision of written and verbal planning advice
- Prepare, submit and manage applications including planning, enforcement, listed building consent, certificate of lawfulness and prior approval notifications
- Prepare planning, design & access, heritage and other related statements
- Prepare written Local Plan representations for site promotion and appearing as an expert witness as appropriate level Public Inquiries
- Submit and manage appeals by Written Representations, Hearings and appropriate level Public Inquiries including preparation of Appeal Statements/Evidence and appearing as an expert witness at public inquiries
- Act as part of the development team on larger projects
- Deal directly with clients for all proposals
- Speak on behalf of clients at Planning Committee meetings
- Achieve self-sufficiency in planning work
- Speak at Practice seminars
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Guide junior staff in professional and personal development
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact Anna Bornstein for more information or to have an informal and confidential chat about this or other opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1202 888 986 ext. 213