An international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is looking for an experienced Principal Traction Power Engineer to join a well-stablished team. You will be supporting their Midlands team in projects such as HS2 and other multi-disciplinary projects.
Part of your duties:
- Have knowledge of AC and DC traction power supplies including an understanding of major feeding and sectioning principles
- Have knowledge of AC and / or DC traction power protection studies
- Have the ability to coordinate DNO supply connections and substation interfaces at voltages up to 400kV
- Have the ability to carry out LV protection calculations in accordance with the requirements of BS7671 (IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations)
- Be able to perform traction power substation layout design
- Have the ability to develop site layout plans, building layout plans and switchgear arrangements in a CAD environment
- Be experienced in providing on-site design support during the construction phase of traction power substations.
- Be experienced in site acceptance testing and commissioning of traction power substations
- Have knowledge of traction power earthing and bonding principles
- Have knowledge of other railway LV systems including station power supplies, station services, signalling power supplies, etc.
- Traction power systems design for AC and DC based rail systems
Substantial experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
Experience in traction power design throughout project lifecycles.
Detailed knowledge and experience of Network Rail design approval process at CRE level.
Technical design experience to carry out supervision and project management of staff.
Capable of producing and checking a wide variety of Traction power design details.
Have an understanding of system engineering concepts and safety management.
Be familiar with construction and installation methods.
Desirable Competencies / Skills:
Previous experience of programme performance including commercial, financial and technical delivery.
Do you want m,o9re information? get in touch or send your CV across