This is a great opportunity to join a world class rail team as their Principal Traction Power Engineer. The team are involved on many varied projects in the UK and overseas, based in Birmingham with lots of scope for involvement and leadership.
The role is focused on providing traction power support in the Midlands area including work on HS2. There is management responsibility for the traction power team for all areas of DC and AC traction power systems, your tasks will include:-
- Traction power systems design for AC and DC rail systems.
- Good understanding of AC and DC traction power supplies and traction power protection.
- Coordination of DNO supply connections
- Provide LV calculations according to BS7671
- Traction Power Substation layout design
- Onsite design support during construction phase
Skills & attributes:-
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- BEng or HND/HNC Electrical Engineering
- Good verbal and written skills
- Previously worked within a consultancy environment with a rail focus
- NWR design approval process (CRE level)
- Solid technical design experience
- Management, leadership and development of staff, able to check work and specifications.
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas
- Confident in building client relationships
For more information, please apply with your CV or call to discuss an application.