Principal Transport Modeller - Warrington
Salary - £very Competitive
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Transport Modeller to join our Client, a Global Consultancy, in Warrington.
The successful candidate will be working in the Advisory and Strategic Modelling Teams and will have a rounded skill set in strategic modelling, preferably SATURN, with wider experience in other areas such as economics appraisal, report writing and project management.
- Liaising with clients as appropriate to establish a clear definition of the project requirements.
- Identifying and managing both project and commercial risks.
- Monitoring and controlling work outputs and costs during the progress of the project.
- Managing and/or providing advice and update reports to the client.
- Liaising with third parties involved in projects, including when necessary, the general public.
- Completing projects in a timely and cost effective way.
- Effectively managing team members.
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and contribute to marketing initiatives for the group.
- Managing all of the technical aspects of projects, including reports, drawings, calculations and specifications etc.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline).
- Applicants should have a first degree in civil engineering or in a quantitative subject such as geography, mathematics, economics, engineering and urban planning.
- A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject (desirable).
Experience / Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience in strategic modelling and economic appraisal.
- Experience / knowledge of transport modelling software packages SATURN, DIADEM, TUBA, COBALT, QUADRO.
- Experience in liaising with clients.
- Experience in project/commercial management.
- Experience of building client relationships and winning work.
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff.
- Understanding of core WebTAG guidelines.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.